PS1->EXE, replace, speech, process detection
- PowerShell User Group Austria Meeting – Q2/2021
This will happen as a virtual event May 11 17:00. We will focus on 3 topics:
– Overview of PowerShell and PowerShell tooling
– SecretsManagement Module explained
– PowerShell Crescendo by Tommy Maynard (US)
See all the details in the link.
Trainings (in chronoligical order)
- Half day Free half-day Intro-Workshop (4.5.2021)
- 2-days Basic Course at ITLS done by Roman Stadlmair (1-2.6.2021)
- Evening Course (Teams) by Patrick Grünauer 31.5. – 23.6.2021
PS1 to EXE – all the facts
Exe files have some advantages over PS1´s, so sometimes you want to make your scripting work convert to an executable file. Read Arman Castillotes blog post on current options.
Text replacement in Powershell
Logfiles, CSV´s, output of shell-commands, all this is mostly based on text. Sometimes you need to larger replacement work. Read Adam Bertrams blog on best practices on text-replacement.
Text to Speech
Tommy Maynard, our gest at the User-Group meeting Max 11, wrote another inteesting article i´d like to mention here which is Text-to-speech conversion with PowerShell. So if you want to make your PowerShell solutions to talk with you read this blog.
Process detection tool
PS 5.1, PS 7 PS 7 preview, the number of open PowerShell prompts raises and makes our live more complex. Jeffrey Hicks wrote a tool to figure out current running PS-processes. Check out this blogpost.
Hope you found something interesting – Roman